Managed Mayhem
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Easy 99 Smithing.... finally ;-)

Go down

Easy 99 Smithing.... finally ;-) Empty Easy 99 Smithing.... finally ;-)

Post  Enchntress Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:08 am

Originally posted by Skill Bill. I've re-posted it here, as I know he would approve. Miss you Ade!!

items needed:
lots of gold ore (a benchmark amount is i started at lvl 77 and needed 204k of ores)
lots of nature runes (20k or more, depending on the above amount)
a staff that works as fire runes
goldsmithing gauntlets
varrock armour (whichever allows for 2x gold smithing, i havent checked - apologies!)

method:

start at edgeville bank, fill your inventory with the nats, and gold ore while wearing the items listed above, and have your spellbook tab and your xp counter both open

run to the furnace, and click it - select 'make x' - i usually click make 33 as its the fastest way, rather than typing specific amounts

as soon as you make your first bar, or the emote begins, hit the superheat spell, and use it on the ore it switches to when the tabs change. this will be ok for 5-6 casts without even moving the mouse, and you'll notice you are still making ores to bars with the furnace method - the spell doesn't interrupt the process.

once you make a full inventory of bars, just run back to the bank, and repeat.... a lot.... ;-)

i also figure if you prefer the multi-skill approach, and are (very) patient, the bars can then be crafted to gold bracelets (highest alch return) and alched - this should easily give 99 mage, and 90 or so crafting, all dependant on current lvls. this was my plan originally, and i shall hopefully continue this, but if you're like me you may find that after seeing the xp difference between ores to bars with superheats, and bars to bracelets, its ridiculously slow and therefore seems boring and not worthwhile. time will tell on this, for me.

be aware also, that this is quite a costly endeavour if you don't have 80mil or so to spare, and you will see little or no return from doing this method.... other than over 100k an hour in smithing xp and a very nice advantage in dungeoneering when it comes to making weapons and armour ;-)

have fun ;-)
Enchntress
Enchntress
CC Member

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum